The GRIP Epsilon is a true commercial off the shelf (COTS) high performance rugged computer system which is targeted at applications that require high-end real-time processing in harsh environments within an extended operating temperature range.
The GRIP Epsilon combines the latest 4thd generation Intel Core i7 Mobile Processors with high performance Intel HD Graphics.
The GRIP chassis provides an IP67 sealed enclosure for the internal COTS hardware technology. Within the chassis a combination of convection and conduction cooling ensures minimal heat stress of the components.
Application areas of this technology include security, automotive, transportation, oil and gas, nuclear, military and aerospace sectors.
The GRIP architecture integrates the four key elements of embedded design:
GRIP PCs are rugged high performance computer platforms for image and video processing based on industrial PC hardware which is packaged in rugged, sealed enclosures for use in harsh environment applications. GRIPS provide almost full MILSPEC performance at a fraction of the cost of fully compliant rugged processors. GRIP rugged PCs use high performance Intel Core i7 CPUs and can also include the latest NVIDIA GPUs to support complex graphics requirements or high performance computing applications. Our rugged PCs have been installed in air, maritime, land and vehicle platforms, both manned and unmanned. Please refer to the specifications tab for GRIP Epsilon product details or contact us directly at email@example.com or call us at Tel: +1.410.384.9181 . Please also check out our other rugged GRIP and TRUPER PC products. We support customization and quantity discounts.
• Intel Core i7 -3612QM Quad Core Processor
• MIL-DTL-38999 connectors
• Integrated Intel HD 4000 Graphics
• 8GB DDR3 memory
• 60GB SLC SSD
• I/O Connections:
• Display –DVI-D and VGA
• Serial – 2x RS422 and 2x RS232, electrically isolated
• USB – 4x USB 2.0
• Ethernet – 2x 10/100/1000Base-T
• 4 x NTSC/PAL analog video inputs
• Sealed to IP67
• Operating temperature -40°C to +71°C
• Storage temperature -40°C to +85°C
• Designed to meet harsh environmental conditions, including MIL-STD-810G, RTCA/DO-160G, MIL-STD-1275B and MIL-STD-461F
• Power – DC 20V to 36V
• Power consumption – <100W (CPU load dependent)
• Operating Systems:
• Microsoft Windows© Embedded Standard 7
• Weight 14.0lbs, 6.3kg
• Dimensions : 275 mm x 240 mm x 111 mm
• Part Number for ordering:
• The GRIP Epsilon SAVP variant is part number: “V4/GRIP/229/100 Rev 4”
The GRIP Epsilon can be supplied with a wide range of analog and digital video capture interfaces, including
The GRIP Epsilon is fully compatible with: