GRIP Mini DVR, Compact Rugged Digital Video Recorder The GRIP DVR is a commercial off the shelf (COTS) rugged digital video recording and digital video distribution system.
The standard DVR configuration provides real time H.264 compression and recording of up to 4 analogue video channels at full D1 resolution or 1 channels of HD at full frame rates. Recording options include, video quality, frame size and frame rate. Internal solid-state storage provides capacity for more than 110 hours of H.264 compressed video storage plus an option of “last 20 minute” event capture Near Visually Lossless (NVL) for evidential use.
The GRIP application software includes an IP video server. The unit can be configured to distribute 1 or more of the input video streams over 100 or 1000 Base-T Ethernet networks.
The GRIP chassis provides an IP67 sealed enclosure for the internal COTS DVR hardware. Within the chassis a combination of convection and conduction cooling ensures minimal heat stress of the components. Internal shock isolation is also used to ensure reliable operation in harsh environments where the unit is subjected to shock and vibration. Application areas of this technology include security, automotive, transportation, oil and gas, nuclear, military and aerospace sectors.
• Hardware: Intel x86 based processor, Hardware video compression, Solid state hard drive 60 to 512GB
• I/O Connections: Video Input – 4x PAL, NTSC, or 1 x HD-SDI (720P or 1080P), DVI-D/HDMI output for local viewing and control, Serial – 2x RS232 / 422 / 485 capable, Ethernet 1 ports, 10/100/1000Base-, Power – DC 18V to 32V
• Environmental: Chassis and Connectors sealed to IP67, Operating temperature -40°C to +70°C, Storage temperature -40°C to +85°C, Internal shock and Vibration isolation
• Power: Power – DC 18V to 32V, Power consumption <12W
• Mechanical: Weight 2.5lbs, 1.1Kg, Dimensions 7.6” x 5.7” x 1.8” (192mm x 144mm x 49mm)
• EMC: EN55022 Class A, EN55024, Part 15, Class A, IEC 60533
• Hardware Options: Custom connector panel, Additional serial ports, USB ports, External switches for local control
The GRIP DVR is controlled from the LAN via the Ethernet port. The DVR is supplied with a client application which can run on a LAN PC and provides a simple GUI for user control. The GUI also provides access to recorded video files for downloading and deletion. It also comes with a software API for control of all recording functions and display of live video streams from a remote PC.
- Multi-standard recording (H.264, MJPEG or raw) can be provided on each input channel
- “last 20 minute” event capture Near Visually Lossless (NVL) for evidential use
- Additional control interfaces can be provided over RS232 / 422 serial interfaces
- Chassis mounted switches, which instigate programmable functions such as start and stop of the recording function
- GPS interfaces
- Custom video overlay e.g. with GPS data
Application Software Development
The DVR function can be part of a complete video management system. This tailored software application is designed to provide enhanced situational awareness and would typically include control of a pan and tilt platform together with a range of video sensors. Vision4ce has extensive in-house experience in the development of image processing and exploitation algorithms which bring unique capability to the video management system.